Product Designer - Augmented Reality
Connected Lab is one of the leading and fastest growing connected software companies in North America. We’re on a mission to build better products, from early-stage innovation to shipping real product. You likely have our clients’ apps on your homescreen, their products in your home, or wear their devices every day to stay connected.
We’re looking for a 3D oriented designer who is eager to create products for the emerging connected world. If you’re craving an opportunity to design our collective ----► future ----► while working with an incredibly dynamic and talented team, we want to work with you!
Our 3D Interaction Designer will be responsible for working with our team to create compelling experiences for emerging Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality technologies. We are looking for designers who can fluently move between 3D and 2D design tools to create beautiful, usable, and novel experiences that will inspire designer and developer communities. The right designer for this role is eager to explore how Augmented and Mixed Reality can fit into our everyday life.
You’ll need to:
- Have extensive 3D modeling experience
- Be proficient with Unity3D - experience with OpenGL and WebGL is also appreciated
- Understand how to design for mixed reality and augmented reality experiences. VR experience is a bonus
- Pay diligent attention to the details and polish that will make these experiences successful
- Have several years experience in UX design and/or visual design
- Work closely with engineers to implement experiences
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to visually articulate a story through simple sketches/storyboards
- Display an ability to prototype and build AR/MR solutions quickly in order to iterate and improve them
- Have experience with Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Have agency and/or client management experience
Things that get us excited:
- Solid skills in animation, motion graphics and visual storytelling
- Typography nerds welcome - show us what you got
- A background in physical making and/or programming - we love people who build
- The ability to write and present eloquently. It’s great to make the work, but we love when you can talk about it too
- An ability to think critically about the future of technology
- We’re proudly employee owned with stock option grants for all full-time permanent employees
- Generous extended health benefits (dental, vision, prescription, and more)
- $1,000 annual Education Credit for conferences, courses, workshops, and textbooks
- Our ‘Disconnect’ events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team (like our recent ‘Disconnect’ to Algonquin Park)
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hangout
- $200 annual Fitness Credit for a gym membership, running shoes, or classes
- Company sponsored recreational sports teams (show us your inner Ronaldo)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and coffee
- Catered Lunch & Learns
- In office HoloLens, 3D printer, and other state-of-the-art gear you’ve wanted to get your hands on
If this sounds great to you, we’d love to chat. Please submit a resume, and (most importantly) a portfolio. Full-time & Contract Positions Available - Apply today!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Connected Lab is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Connected Lab is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.