Product Designer (UI/UX)
Connected Lab is a Toronto-based product innovation and delivery company, with a mission to build better products. As a member of our team, you’ll be exposed to the entire spectrum of product development, from defining the strategic approach, to concept exploration and prototyping. And ultimately shipping the final product to market.
We tackle a wide range of problems for some of the most exciting companies in the world. You likely have some of their apps on your homescreen, or might have one of their products in your home. You may even drive one of their vehicles. We work across platforms and digital mediums, often on the bleeding edge of what’s possible. And Product Designers are with us every step of the way.
As one of the leading and fastest growing connected software companies in North America, we’re looking to further grow our team. We’re looking for extremely smart ᒡ◯ᵔ◯ᒢ, kind ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ and reliable (ಠ_ಠ) Product Designers who are eager to create products for the emerging connected world. If you’re craving an opportunity to design our collective ----► future ----► while working with an incredibly dynamic and talented team, we want to work with you!
You’ll need to be able to:
- Talk about your education (Bachelors/Masters) and 2-3 years of solid experience in digital product design
- Show off a well-crafted body of visual and interaction design work
- Communicate in an articulate, structured and empathetic manner
- Be comfortable collaborating across disciplines
- Think deeply about how your work will fit into real people’s’ lives
- Rapidly prototype at a range of fidelities
- Know + cherish the UX, UI and behavioural patterns that shape today’s software and connected experiences
Things that get us excited:
- Experience with design thinking process and research methodology
- A background in physical making and/or programming - we love people who build
- Self-directed learners - you’re comfortable diving in and learning new tools + processes
- Familiarity with an agile development environment
- We’re proudly employee owned with stock option grants for all full-time permanent employees
- Generous extended health benefits (dental, vision, prescription, and more)
- $1,000 annual Education Credit for conferences, courses, workshops, and textbooks
- Our ‘Disconnect’ events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team (like our recent ‘Disconnect’ to Algonquin Park)
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hangout
- $200 annual Fitness Credit for a gym membership, running shoes, or classes
- Company sponsored recreational sports teams (show us your inner Ronaldo)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and coffee
- Catered Lunch & Learns
- In office HoloLens, hardware lab, 3D printer, and other state-of-the-art gear you’ve wanted to get your hands on
If this sounds great to you, we’d love to chat. Please submit a resume, and (most importantly) a portfolio by clicking ‘Apply Today’.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Connected Lab is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Connected Lab is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.