Visual Interaction Designer
Connected Lab is one of the leading and fastest growing connected software companies in North America. We’re on a mission to build better products, from early-stage innovation to shipping real product. You likely have our clients’ apps on your homescreen, their products in your home, or wear their devices every day to stay connected.
We’re looking for visually oriented designers who are eager to create products for the emerging connected world. If you’re craving an opportunity to design our collective ----► future ----► while working with an incredibly dynamic and talented team, we want to work with you!
Visual Interaction Designers at Connected are responsible for creating inspiring, beautiful interfaces for our clients’ products, art directing our presentations and other material, and championing aesthetics throughout the company. We’re looking for strategic thinkers who are also willing to dive in and perfect the thousand tiny details that make a product brilliant.
You’ll need to be able to:
- Be extremely smart ᒡ◯ᵔ◯ᒢ, kind ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ and reliable (ಠ_ಠ)
- Talk about your education (Bachelors/Masters) and 2-3 years of solid experience in digital design
- Show off a well-crafted body of graphic design & UI work
- Communicate in an articulate, structured and empathetic manner
- Be comfortable collaborating across disciplines
- Think deeply about how your work will fit into real people’s lives
- Rapidly prototype at a range of fidelities
- Know + cherish the UX, UI and behavioural patterns that shape today’s software and connected experiences
Things that get us excited:
- Solid skills in animation, motion graphics and visual storytelling
- Typography nerds welcome - show us what you got
- A background in physical making and/or programming - we love people who build
- The ability to write and present eloquently. It’s great to make the work, but we love when you can talk about it too
- We’re proudly employee owned with stock option grants for all full-time permanent employees
- Generous extended health benefits (dental, vision, prescription, and more)
- $1,000 annual Education Credit for conferences, courses, workshops, and textbooks
- Our ‘Disconnect’ events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team (like our recent ‘Disconnect’ to Algonquin Park)
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hangout
- $200 annual Fitness Credit for a gym membership, running shoes, or classes
- Company sponsored recreational sports teams (show us your inner Ronaldo)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and coffee
- Catered Lunch & Learns
- In office HoloLens, 3D printer, and other state-of-the-art gear you’ve wanted to get your hands on
If this sounds great to you, we’d love to chat. Please submit a resume, and (most importantly) a portfolio by clicking ‘Apply Today’.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Connected Lab is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Connected Lab is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.