Connected Lab is the leading and fastest growing connected software company in North America. As a product innovation and delivery company, we’re on a mission to build better products. You likely have our clients' apps on your home screen, their products in your home, or wear their devices every day to stay connected.
Our Android Engineers build products on a variety of platforms and digital mediums, including web and mobile apps, wearables, smart cars, AR/VR and connected home. As an Android Engineer on our world-class team, you’ll be exposed to the entire product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and ultimately shipping the final product to market. We’re building a team that’s passionate about innovation, apprenticeship (learning by pairing), and building the best connected experiences. We’re looking for a smart, kind, and reliable Android Engineer who is eager to make a big impact and build amazing products that millions of users use everyday. If you’re ready to grab this amazing opportunity and help us build the future, we want to work with you!
- 5+ years of professional Android software development
- Solid understanding of programming and computer science fundamentals
- Experience in multi-threading, memory management, and network and cache optimization specific to mobile devices
- MVP architecture in Android a plus
- Knowledge of Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience building consumer-facing products
- A tenacious, entrepreneurial attitude with the drive to deliver high quality products on time
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across the team and work closely with clients
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile
- Strong communication skills and an interest in a pair-programming environment where you will accelerate your knowledge and skills quickly
- Experience working in a continuous integration and delivery model
- Experience working directly with clients, leading project teams, and mentoring engineers
- Experience in analyzing, designing, and developing large and complex code bases and software systems, including API design techniques, to improve overall design and keep them clean and maintainable
- Comfortable working in a rapidly growing tech company where roles, responsibilities, and projects are constantly evolving - aka “status loco!”
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to work on cutting edge projects with Fortune 500 companies
- Our ‘Disconnect’ events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team (like our recent ‘Disconnect’ to Algonquin Park)
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hangout
- Company sponsored recreational sports teams that play every week
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and coffee
- Catered Lunch & Learns
- In office HoloLens, 3D printer, robots, and other state-of-the-art gear you’ve wanted to get your hands on
You’ll be working on things like:
- Building impactful products for Fortune 500 clients
- Creating simple, clean code to power new user-facing product features
- Maintaining a high level of performance quality and having a reputation for shipping quality product
- Collaborating, teaching and learning with fellow Connected engineers, designers, product managers, and our clients
- Being reliable, taking ownership and making a big impact
- Producing repeatable and predictable delivery of features
- Refactoring and improving existing code when it gets brittle
- Ensuring code is written to standards, has sufficient test coverage, and adheres to design requirements
- Defining product and technical solution architecture
- Helping us achieve our mission of building better products
Contract & Full-time Positions Available - Apply today!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Connected Lab is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Connected Lab is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!