Product Designer (UI/UX), Intern
Connected Lab is a Toronto-based product innovation and delivery company, with a mission to build better products. As a member of our team, you’ll be exposed to the entire spectrum of product development, from defining the strategic approach, to concept exploration and prototyping. And ultimately shipping the final product to market.
We tackle a wide range of problems for some of the most exciting companies in the world. You likely have some of their apps on your homescreen, or might have one of their products in your home. You may even drive one of their vehicles. We work across platforms and digital mediums, often on the bleeding edge of what’s possible. And Product Designers are with us every step of the way.
As one of the leading and fastest growing connected software companies in North America, we’re looking to provide a unique opportunity to Product Designers eager to learn and make an impact during a summer 2017 internship. We’re looking for extremely smart ᒡ◯ᵔ◯ᒢ, kind ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ and reliable (ಠ_ಠ) Product Designers who are eager to create products for the emerging connected world. If you’re craving an opportunity to design our collective ----► future ----► while working with an incredibly dynamic and talented team, we want to work with you!
You’ll need to be able to:
- Talk about your current education (Bachelors/Masters) and 1+ years of solid experience in digital product design
- Show off a well-crafted body of visual and interaction design work
- Communicate in an articulate, structured and empathetic manner
- Be comfortable collaborating across disciplines
- Think deeply about how your work will fit into real people’s’ lives
- Rapidly prototype at a range of fidelities
- Know + cherish the UX, UI and behavioural patterns that shape today’s software and connected experiences
Things that get us excited:
- Experience with design thinking process and research methodology
- A background in physical making and/or programming - we love people who build
- Self-directed learners - you’re comfortable diving in and learning new tools + processes
- Familiarity with an agile development environment
- An amazing team to learn and grow with in this unique space
- Our ‘Disconnect’ events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team (like our recent ‘Disconnect’ to Algonquin Park)
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hangout
- Company sponsored recreational sports teams that play every week
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and coffee
- Conveniently located office in downtown Toronto’s vibrant King St. W. neighbourhood, steps from TTC, great restaurants, coffee shops and entertainment
- Catered Lunch & Learns
- In office HoloLens, 3D printer, robots, and other state-of-the-art gear you’ve wanted to get your hands on
If this sounds great to you, we’d love to chat. Please submit a resume, and (most importantly) a portfolio by clicking ‘Apply Today’.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Connected Lab is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
Connected Lab is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.