Technical Principal: Boston
Connected Lab is a start-to-finish product partner on a mission to build better products. Our world-class team plans, designs, and builds software experiences for a variety of devices and platforms that are enjoyed by millions of users globally. You likely have our clients' apps on your homescreen, their products in your home, or wear their devices every day to stay connected.
As the Technical Principal in Boston, you will be a key member to our Product Impact Team, a team focused upon amplifying the impact we deliver for strategic clients. As a Technical Principal on our world-class team, you’ll be directing the technologies and approach that supports the successful execution of product roadmaps to meet business objectives. We’re looking for an experienced leader who is eager to make a big impact building amazing products.
- Taking the needs and challenges of a client and formulating the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their product strategies and related business objectives
- Driving thought-leadership on engineering and architectural practices and standards in order to become a trusted and valued partner of the client technology teams
- Articulating the technical vision and approach within proposal development
- Collaborating across disciplines to help Solution Engineering team shape and estimate engagements
- Ensuring the appropriate oversight and governance of all sold/managed engagements
- Supporting the development and execution of a relationship strategy across a broad spectrum of individuals in each account with a focus on developing deep, sustainable relationships within the client engineering organizations
- Tactfully navigating complex decision making involving senior client stakeholders and third parties
- Ensuring CL team members are operating with the highest degree of integrity, professionalism and maintaining all of the CL core values through their work with our clients in the portfolio
Your Experience & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of solid experience in software engineering, including experience leading technical teams and shipping products
- Bachelors/Masters degree in related field and/or MBA
- Ability to demonstrate high degrees of executive maturity and overall leadership with the client organization and across internal engagement teams
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to develop and present well-positioned and thoughtful materials and presentations, preferably from experience in a client facing role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate across the team and work closely with clients to ensure projects are set up for success
- Ability to formulate and articulate the technical implications of real world solutions in the client context
- Ability to translate strategic business needs into engineering plans and vice versa with C-level executives, Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, and other stakeholders
- We’re proudly employee owned with stock option grants for all full-time permanent employees
- 4 weeks vacation
- Generous extended health benefits
- Generous Parental Leave and Maternity Leave
- $1,000 annual Education Credit for conferences, courses, workshops, and textbooks
- $200 annual Fitness Credit for a gym membership, running shoes, or classes
- Our ‘Disconnect’ events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team (like our recent ‘Disconnect’ in Algonquin Park)
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hangout
- Company sponsored recreational sports teams
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and coffee
- Catered Lunch & Learns
Apply Today by clicking "Apply for this job".
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Connected Lab is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Connected Lab is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.