Senior Java Spring Engineer
Connected Lab is a leading product development firm on a mission to build better products. We partner with the world's most ambitious brands to design and build the best connected software experiences. As a Senior Java Spring Developer on our world-class team, you’ll be exposed to the entire product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and ultimately shipping the final product to market.
As part of this role, we are inviting Senior Java Spring developers to either:
- Be on a large Java Spring Boot project, or;
- Gain android development skills by being cross-trained by professional Android engineers
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build products on a variety of platforms and digital mediums, including web and mobile apps, wearables, smart cars and connected home. If you are smart, reliable, kind and excited to teach and learn, we want you on our team!
- 5+ years of professional Java experience
- 2+ years with Java Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience with production web systems at scale (built for millions of users)
- Solid understanding of programming and computer science fundamentals
- Experience in multithreading, memory management, and network and cache optimization
- Demonstrated ability to building consumer-facing products
- Experience building reusable components for large scale systems and working in a continuous integration and delivery model
- Proven track record of working directly with clients, leading project teams, and mentoring engineers
- Experience analyzing, designing, and developing large and complex code bases and software systems, including API design techniques, to improve overall design and keep them clean and maintainable
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate across the team and work closely with clients
- Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile
- Strong communication skills and an interest in a pair-programming environment where you will accelerate your knowledge and skills quickly
- Tenacious, entrepreneurial attitude with the drive to deliver high quality products on time
- Building impactful products for Fortune 500 clients
- Creating simple, clean code to power new user-facing product features
- Maintaining a high level of performance quality and having a reputation for shipping quality product
- Collaborating, teaching and learning with fellow Connected engineers, designers, product managers, and our clients
- Being reliable, taking ownership and making a big impact
- Producing repeatable and predictable delivery of features
- Refactoring and improving existing code when it gets brittle
- Ensuring code is written to standards, has sufficient test coverage, and adheres to design requirements
- Defining product and technical solution architecture
- Helping us achieve our mission of building better products
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to work on cutting edge projects with Fortune 500 companies
- Generous health benefits
- Family-friendly environment with generous Parental and Maternity Leave
- Our ‘Disconnect’ events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team (like our annual ‘Disconnect’ to Algonquin Park)
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hangout
- Company sponsored recreational sports teams that play every week
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and coffee
- Catered Lunch & Learns
- In office HoloLens, 3D printer, robots, and other state-of-the-art gear you’ve wanted to get your hands on
Full-time and Contract Positions Available - Apply today!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Connected Lab is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Connected Lab is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.