Connected Lab is a start-to-finish product partner on a mission to build better products. Our world-class team plans, designs, and builds software experiences for a variety of devices and platforms that are enjoyed by millions of users globally. You likely have our clients' apps on your homescreen, their products in your home, or wear their devices every day to stay connected.
As a Design Principal, you will be a key member of our Product Impact Team, focused on amplifying the strategic impact we deliver to our clients. We are looking for an experienced and talented leader who is eager to drive product design leadership across accounts and ensure the delivery of exceptional user experiences.
- Collaboratively defining product impact objectives
- Developing key product KPIs to measure impact and align product prioritization
- Driving thought-leadership on product design methods, practices and approaches
- Articulating the product design and user experience vision and approach to design within proposal development
- Collaborating across disciplines to help the Solution Engineering team shape and estimate engagements
- Ensuring the appropriate oversight and governance of engagements
- Supporting the development and execution of a relationship strategy across a broad spectrum of individuals in each account with a focus on developing deep, sustainable relationships within the client organizations
- Ensuring Connected team members are operating with the highest degree of integrity, professionalism and maintaining our core values through their work with our clients in the portfolio
- Tactfully navigating complex decision making involving senior client stakeholders and third parties
Your Experience & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of solid experience in product design, including experience shipping products
- Bachelors/Masters degree in related field and/or MBA
- Demonstrated executive leadership and maturity
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to develop and present well-positioned and thoughtful materials and presentations, preferably from experience in a client facing role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate across the team and work closely with clients to ensure projects are set up for success
- Experience with design thinking process and research methodology
- Proven track record of delivering high quality UI design work to clients and arriving at high quality insights through design research
- We’re proudly employee owned with stock option grants for all full-time permanent employees
- 4 weeks vacation
- Generous extended health benefits
- Generous Parental Leave and Maternity Leave
- $1,000 annual Education Credit for conferences, courses, workshops, and textbooks
- $200 annual Fitness Credit for a gym membership, running shoes, or classes
- Our ‘Disconnect’ events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team (like our recent ‘Disconnect’ in Algonquin Park)
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hangout
- Company sponsored recreational sports teams
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and coffee
- Catered Lunch & Learns
Apply Today by clicking "Apply for this job".
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Connected Lab is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Connected Lab is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.