DescriptionConnected Lab is one of the leading and fastest growing connected software companies in North America. We’re on a mission to build better products, from early-stage innovation to shipping real product. You likely have our clients’ apps on your homescreen, their products in your home, or wear their devices every day to stay connected.
We’re looking for a QA Manager, who will contribute by leading a world-class QA team and driving the success of our high growth company. This is an incredibly unique opportunity for you, as an experienced QA leader, to make a big impact on this next, exciting step of our journey. As the QA Manager, you will be a part of a close-knit group of dedicated engineers that foster mentorship, professional development, and share a passion to deliver rock-solid solutions. Are you smart, reliable, kind, and excited to teach and learn? If so, we want you as a leader on our team!
- 6+ years of QA experience and 5+ years of management experience in a highly consultative technical/software environment
- Strong people management skills including hiring, developing, coaching and motivating high caliber QA professionals to ensure team success
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Mobile QA experience with strong knowledge of iOS and Android devices
- Strong foundation in manual exploratory testing and test case creation
- Experience with automation tools such as Selenium, Calabash, UIA, Expresso, KIF
- Experience with network protocol analyzers such as Charles Proxy, Postman, Wireshark, Swagger, or similar tools
- Experience with at least one continuous integration solution: CruiseControl, Jenkins, Travis, Concourse CI or similar solution
- Proven ability to embrace and drive change in a fast-paced, fast-growing organization
You’ll be working on things like:
- Being the QA Lead for one or more client projects
- Managing test resources such as personnel, test devices, and time to test
- Validating features in an agile iterative manner
- Designing and developing automated tests as they are required
- Communicating between the lead developer and project managers internally on a weekly/daily basis
- Communicating with client stakeholders when needed to provide insights to QA issues, which may include meeting with clients, assisting with estimating QA scope and advising test strategies for potential projects, and delivering presentations that outline our QA Process
- Managing the QA team in a way that empowers those around you to do their best work, continually growing and helping us achieve our mission of building better products
- We’re proudly employee owned with stock option grants for all full-time permanent employees
- 4 weeks vacation
- Generous extended health benefits
- Generous Parental Leave and Maternity Leave
- $1,000 annual Education Credit for conferences, courses, workshops, and textbooks
- $200 annual Fitness Credit for a gym membership, running shoes, or classes
- Our ‘Disconnect’ events are a chance to get out of the office and unwind as a team (like our upcoming ‘Disconnect’ in Algonquin Park)
- Weekly team socials to have fun and hangout
- Company sponsored recreational sports teams and social groups
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and coffee
- Catered Lunch & Learns
- In office tech including HoloLens, a Hardware Lab, 3D printer, and other gear you’ve wanted to get your hands on
Apply Today by clicking "Apply for this job".
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Connected Lab is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Connected Lab is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.